Now Foods, Bone Meal, Powder, 1 lb (454 g)

руб 384.77
Reviews 3-star
русский (0)
Other Reviews (2)

Used in Dr Pitcairn's Healthy Powder recipe for cats

Posted by Reviewer1687524 From Maryland on Jun 30, 2011

I wanted to try a recipe I found on the Internet for Dr. Pitcairn's "Healthy Powder" nutrient supplement for cats (on a raw food diet). The recipe is made up in bulk and used a few teaspoons at a time in a cat's food: 2 cups of nutritional yeast, 1 cup of lecithin granules, ¼ cup kelp powder, ¼ bonemeal and 1000 mg vitamin C: mix and keep refrigerated. I found all these along with other supplements I wanted to use, namely Vit A and E and taurine, all offered by iHerb. I'm using the powder with canned food mainly b/c there's no time to make the raw food. It's not possible to reach any conclusions on health benefits after only a few weeks but I think I'm seeing increased energy/vitality. * * * On learning more from Dr. Pitcairn, apparently bone meal derived from the United States is undesirable due to the toxic load that animals in first world nations carry. I'm not sure I see a way around this - maybe there's unpolluted bone meal available, I'll have to look for that, but with regard to this product, I am now concerned because of its provenance. This doesn't mean I won't be buying this product again, because I will unless and until I can find a better or learn more about this issue. Meanwhile I note how they are running tests on the level of heavy metals in their product, a good starting point, and would be interested in knowing their standards more precisely.

Now Foods, Bone Meal Powder

Posted by Reviewer3156375 From North Carolina on Nov 18, 2008

Good value, but would prefer to know it is heavy-metal free.

Bone Meal Powder

Posted by Reviewer2406442 From California on Dec 26, 2008

I use this for home-made cat food. My cats have not rejected this product which is a good sign.

Пожаловаться

Дисклеймер:сделанные заявления или проданные на этом вебсайте продукты, не были оценены Управлением по Контролю Качества
Продуктов и Лекарств. Они не предназначены для диагностики, лечения или предотвращения любых болезней. Подробнее »