do your research

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 22 2008 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this for pms: anxiety, stress, irritability, insomnia etc. It thoroughly relaxed me after the first dose (before bed) but it kept me awake. After the third night it started having a sedative effect, including day time doses. I purchased it based on the reviews but found out afterwards that it reduces brain serotonin levels and increases dopamine levels. I take ssri's and experience high serotonin levels on a cyclic basis due to the meds (which coincide with the pms symptoms) and found it to be effective in reducing serotonin and therefore the associated symptoms. At other times it decreased the effectiveness of the meds. Do your research if you are on ssri's, maoi's or meds that affect dopamine levels. I will take only when serotonin levels are high, will resume taking Now's Super Cortisol Support with Relora for stress and insomnia which is the better choice for me and works.

Worth A Try For Social Anxiety

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 5 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have suffered with social anxiety disorder for quite some time to the point where it affected my personal relationships and prevented me from furthering my education...Speaking with a therapist and Effexor XR seemed to help my symptoms (extreme self-consciousness, unable to make contact with others, fear of authority figures, etc) for awhile, but I discontinued prescription medication due to the many side effects that the drug caused me (the tiredness, brain "zaps", and memory problems were especially troublesome). After being off of medication for a few years I felt my SAD symptoms beginning to reappear...my interest in natural/alternative medicine made me want to give Theanine Serene a try and I have been very happy with the results! I take 2 Theanine Serene tablets daily along with Bach Flower Essences (Mimulus and Larch) and this helps to take the edge off my SAD symptoms.

not so good on its own but very good combined with others!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 12 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have very bad insomnia for years whereby I can sleep for a only an hour or so then my body and mind thinks its time to do a marathon, this has been very frustrating. I have treid many products that just don't help at all, I've also tried prescription meds which thank God I have now come off because of this recipe below. So, for over a week I have been taking 1 x Source Naturals Theanine Serene with Relora + 1 x Source Naturals Night Rest and 1 X Organic Valerian (or MRM, Relax - with Phenibut) 1/2 hour before bed and again (not the MRM, Relax or valerian) when I wake at 2 am (ish). I sleep for average 9 hours, quite a miracle I'd say. For some this will be too much but you could begin to experiment. I tried omitting the 2 am but it doesn't work, I just stay awake. You may need to add more or have less but this is perfect for me. Hope this works for you or something simular. Each one of these do not work well enough on their own tho, but are a power house together.

Great for anxiety - Not for sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 9 2015 | Verified Purchase

I had been suffering from daily panic attacks with all of the brutal symptoms - racing heart, pins and needles in my arms and hands, dizziness, chest and throat tightness, fear of it never ending. I didn't want to start taking dangerous prescription medicine, so I landed on this, and it has been AMAZING. Within minutes the dizziness, tingling limbs, chest and throat tightness are gone. It's insane. It keeps me focused and my mind away from the ANTS (automatic negative thoughts) that make the anxiety hang around. I am forever in love with it for that. However, I was taking 1 tablet first thing in the morning and one before bedtime. It relaxed me, but I could NOT fall asleep. I remained very calm, focused, and energized. Exactly what it does for me during the day. I'm not sure how people are able to fall asleep at night with this product when it gives them so much focus and energy during the day. I will continue taking it every morning, but never again will I take before bed.

Works pretty well

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 20 2014 | Verified Purchase

Hormones are such a mystery. Symptoms come and go so you never really know what works. All I know about this product is when I am having several very crabby, unhappy, emotional days in a row, I take this at night and I feel better the next day. At the minimum it keeps me from killing people. :)

*shrug* - it works

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 23 2008 | Verified Purchase

i originally bought these as sort of a relaxant, to improve my behavior towards the end of the day @ work. Now, ive found myself taking it every day as a mood enhancer/stabilizer. its fairly effective at that, not perfect of course. Though, i do worry about taking it long term like this. i mean, I dont know anything about this stuff other then what i read online about its effects/origins.

Source Naturals, Theanine Serene with Relora

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 4 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take this before go to bed. Less nightmare, feel more recovery from sleep. Phosphatidyl Serine is more effective on this point.

Calming

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 21 2009 | Verified Purchase

Bought this more for sleep because I didn't feel I needed calming. Well maybe I did. I sure feel more relaxed. I hav'nt tried taking during the day yet. Waiting for the weekend. Gives a sence of well being.Clears the morning fog issue. Took coffee cruda for ever and it just quit working.

Good morning time anxiety aid.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 28 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take two of these in the morning. They do not make me drowsy and seem to help.

great for beadtime

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 1 2008 | Verified Purchase

a little it more of a sedative effect than I had expected. Makes me a bit sleepy. If you take it to help with stress from insomnia, it's great. But for a functional calming, it may be too much.