Not value for money. Questionable form of Vitamin A

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I didn't do sufficient research before I bought this :(. Several pointers about this prenatal multi: a) The vitamin A comprises of both palmitate and beta carotene. Pregnant women should stay away from the palmitate forms of vitamin A, which studies have shown could be toxic to your foetus. Not sure why they included the palmitate forms when cheaper prenatal brands use purely beta-carotene, which is not harmful to the foetus. b) The folic acid is not in the folate/MTHF form. MTHF is the best form of folate. Look for brands that provide this form of folate. Minimally, the multivitamin should provide for folate rather than folic acid. c) Vitamin B1 alittle on the high side. RDA for pregnant women is only approx 1.4mg d) Herbs: Since the use of herbs during pregnancy is not well-studied, I'd recommend not taking that risk of using herbal remedies, which seems to be included in this multivitamin.

not for someone with sensitve stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Something in this vitamin didnt agree with my stomach. I love I herb ! I herb is the best!

Hard To Swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I'm sure the quality is good but I cannot swallow them. Way too big and I almost choked on it. The smell is grass-like/herb-like in a bad way (too strong for me) so if I keep it too long in my mouth I taste it too much and it almost makes me throw up. I don't recommend if you are sensitive to smells.

Jury is out at this point

Posted by brookemw on Jul 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I will persist with these but the first couple of times I have taken these they have made me nauseous.

love that they now have the ginger in them

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I took these with my first pregnancy and they really seemed to help. The doctor was impressed with the amount of nutrients in them. But they did make me sick at first. Hoping this next time around the ginger in them will help with that side effect.