Not being notified on changes of ingredients

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 8 2017 | Verified Purchase

The Company has changed the package design as well as the INGREDIENTS of this soap, making it less pure and simple like it used to. New ingredients for everyone's reference:- Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Gluconate, Palm Acid, Sodium Chloride, Palm Kernal Acid, Soy Milk, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Boswellia Carterii Resin Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Honey Extract. Not gonna give high ratings whether or not it has the same benefits / extra goodies, since customers are not being notified on the changes, which in turns defied our right to know.

Very Nice Soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 29 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a lovely scented soap and is very long lasting too. I have been using it everyday now for many weeks. One easy little trick to keep the soap lasting even longer is to push the underside of a plastic milk bottle lid into the underside of the soap. This keeps the soap off the counter top and lets it dry underneath.

Buy this soap if you have dry skin!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 5 2010 | Verified Purchase

We tried this soap because of our cold CT winters and our aging (!!) dry skin, and there are just so many things to like about it. First, it completely changed our skin (and it's not like we had been using Dial or some other harsh commercial soap.) The smell is incredible, almost makes our whole bathroom smell good (it's a small bathroom). Didn't like Nubian's black one nearly as much - this one is the best - and iherb's price is also the best.

Posted by Miawchi on February 23 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used to love this soap. BUT now look at the ingredients , they are different from the ones we used to know. Please compare, I saved my old soap box These are the ingredients they had BEFORE: Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Coconut oil and/or Palm Oil, Soy Milk, Tocopherol (Vit E), Extracts of Frankincense and Myrrh, Vegetable Glycerine, Mineral Pigment or Vegetable Color, Natural Fragrance and/or Essential oil Ingredients NOW: Sodium palmate, sodium palm kernelate, water, glycerin (vegetable), fragrance (essential oil blend), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*†, sodium gluconate, palm acid, sodium chloride, palm kernel acid, soy milk, iron oxides (CI 77492), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77499), boswellia carterii resin extract, commiphora myrrha extract, honey extract. Let's see, they add honey extract, remove cocoa seed butter, rename other ingredients to their latin names, i suppose Mineral and Vegetable colours are iron and titanium dioxide. Shea butter is not on the first place as it used to be, which means the percentage is lower . Well, I really feel disappointed .

Used to love all Nubian Heritage soaps but now they have changed :(

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 30 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'm so disappointed. I have been using Nubian Heritage soaps for over 5 years and loved them for their simple ingredients, moisturising quality and subtle smells. I thought that it was just the packaging that has changed but it seems the product has also drastically changed. First ingredients are now sodium palmate, sodium palm kernealate, water, glycerin and fragrance - seems to be very different from older the older soaps I have unless this was simply omitted previously. Also now listed in ingredients are Tetrasodium EDTA and Tetrasodium Etidronate - not good. Anyway, now I find this one has a smelly fragrance and is drying on my skin, just like every other cheap soap. I won't be buying any more of these soaps :(

Radical Change to Formulation - It is NOT the Same Soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15 2017 | Verified Purchase

I am disturbed that this new list of ingredients is marketed under the same name as the previous natural soap. The original formulation has not just been tweaked; it is a radically different product.

Raw Shea Butter soap has sodium palmate instead!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 4 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have found another product called Out of Africa and they have shea butter soap with the first ingredient being shea butter, just like Nubian Heritage's old formula. And the price is much, much cheaper. Also, I think this new formula for Nubian Heritage should not be allowed to have the over 1500 comments, with a 4.5 star average, still attached to it. After all, the formula is now different and inferior. It should be categorised as a new product, as this is misleading for new buyers.

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 30 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband has sensitive skin. So I brought this soap for him. But now not just my husband love it, I looooove it ,too! It smells so good and it is so rich to use but so easy to rinse off. And it doesn't take much to soap up the whole body. It gives me a relaxing good mood with it's scent. Love it! Love it! It's on my re-order list from now on!

Incredibly drying for your skin!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 1 2012 | Verified Purchase

After reading the reviews on here I thought this soap would be great. It's not. It's HORRIBLY drying. Do yourself a favor- buy S.O.F.- South of France Shea Butter Soap or Mango Soap instead and find out what moisturized skin after a shower feels like. Your skin will thank you for it. PS- I tried to give this soap a ZERO STAR RATING because that's what it deserves, but iHerb won't allow a rating of less than 1 star to be posted so there's your "pity rating" Nubian Heritage!

love this!

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 18 2010 | Verified Purchase

The smell of this soap is nice and makes our skin very soft. This is our second buy and we will continu to purchase. Make sure you don't get the foam in your eyes. It's very irritating.