Contains Maltodextrin, not suitable for diabetics!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 23 2012 | Verified Purchase

Maltodextrins are easily digestible carbohydrates made from natural corn starch, nothing to do with malt products despite the name suggesting so. They are polymers of dextrose (sometimes labeled "glucose polymers"), that do not contain significant quantities of protein, fat or fibre. ***Diabetics maltodextrin’s glycemic index is considered to be metabolically equivalent to glucose (dextrose). In other words it is equivalent to sugar!*** For a low-carber such as myself, this product is fine & the taste is fantastic, no bitterness whatsoever & super sweet for such a small sachet, but please don't get this if you are a diabetic.

Includes sugar be warned!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 3 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love the taste of this 'sugar replacement' but am extremely unhappy to realise that it includes 'maltodextron' or SUGAR! Which completely defeats the purpose of this amazing super food. Such a shame.

Beware of carbs

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 13 2011 | Verified Purchase

The taste of this product is sweet without any bitterness so it is excellent in that way. I've used this mainly with hot beverages and it is perfect with black tea, with coffee it works but not as well. However, this is not pure stevia but it has maltodextrin so the carb count is 1 gram per serving. If you are carb sensitive you might consider pure stevia products instead.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 30 2015 | Verified Purchase

Contains Maltodextrin!! Which causes insulin spike worse than sugar!! POINTLESS AND DECEIVING!!

Bye bye artificial sweeteners.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 26 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've used all types of sweeteners, artificial and natural...this is a great find and this brand is without a doubt the best. No aftertaste. Works well in cereal, shakes, tea....etc. Try it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 24 2007 | Verified Purchase

I read the reviews and ordered this product. I'm surprised that others say that it has no bitterness because thats what I've noticed the most. It also never sweetens enough and if you add more than the recommended one packet the bitterness is unbearable. iherb is a great service but this product is a disappointment. I wish I knew which stevia product had minimal bitterness so that I can order it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 1 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was disappointed with NuStevia. I had not tried stevia before and was hoping that it would be a good sugar substitute but it has an overwhelming flavor that completely changed the flavor of my coffee.

Best I've Had

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 21 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is my favorite Stevia so far -- much better to the NOW brand. Mixes well and the taste is great. I get the 1000 packets just because it is so much more cost effective. I haven't tried some of the other brands such as Sweet Leaf -- but not really motivated to since they are more expensive.

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 7 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love this sweetener. It's great to bring along in my purse to sweeten my coffee or tea on the road. I don't use sugar or any other artificial sweeteners at all. I have been using this brand for over four years.

NuNaturals, Nu Stevia White Stevia Powder, 100 packets

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 25 2008 | Verified Purchase

Taste good. But has to state on the package that it must be refrigerated. It becomes hard in the packets.