Simple product, can be effective if used properly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I received this item in a sale, and it's o.k., but you have to be smart and use it properly. Vitamin D is very important, but it should be combined with Vitamin K2, Vitamin A, Calcium and Magnesium in order to adsorb properly. To decrease the number of pills/tablets, a more complex D+K2 product is recommended (though those aren't common yet, since the crucial importance of K2 became widely known in this decade only).

Very Affordable Vitamin D3 If You Do Not Need A Stronger Formula

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I give the product four stars because it does not state that the olive oil would be coldpressed as I would like to see. 1,000 IU = 25 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Good in many ways

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

In tests this product meets specifications. The vitamin is dissolved in olive oil which is the right way to deliver it to the body; the vitamin dissolves easier in fat and oils then in water. Humans living with a lack of sunlight, most of them are deficient in Vitamin D3 . Even the WHO recognizes this issue. Another thing in general, we humans living in a modern world do live almost twice as long as we did as 100-150 years ago. We need to support the body as best as we can, never to forget that it is the temple of our soul.

Fantastic price--about 1/2 the price of what I can find locally!

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Aug 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I live in a very overcast area, and don't spend tons of time outside, so I don't get much vitamin D from sunlight. These little softgels really seem to help to keep my blood levels of D in a more normal range. Without supplementation my levels dip dangerously low. I like the dosage as well...I can take a few a day if need be, and when I take just one I don't need to worry that I'm taking a high potency that may not be good for my daily use. :)

Elizabeth M. Wood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

A+++++

winter aid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2018 | Verified Purchase

Trying for the first time, like the price and seems to help keep me healthy

Nice small capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2018 | Verified Purchase

Small, easy to take capsules. Have been feeling much more energized and uplifted after I started taking them two months ago. Very benefitial now during the dark wintermonths. Fast delivery, as always. Will buy again!

Taking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Blood work showed the vitamin D deficit, and I have started taking this. TBH, I am skipping here and there, but last blood work did not show any progress on the vitamin D levels.. Am I taking it wrong?

Good Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Bought this product for General well-being to aid with the negative effects of a busy lifestyle. I noticed a difference within 3weeks of using the product. Feeling more energised.

Seems to be a good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Prefer it to be in 400 IU, so I can take it 3 times a day.