Used to love it but now looking elsewhere

Posted by emanuela on September 3 2010 | Verified Purchase

I used this after sunbathing... not only did it cool down my skin, but it also removed the excessive redness on my mum's face. Also, the mintiness seems to reduce the itching of the mosquito bites (not a problem here in the UK, but definitely in other countries...). UPDATE: It currently (July 2015) scores *3* overall on skindeep database PROBLEMS INGREDIENTS: 1) SODIUM HYDROXYMETHYLGLYCINATE (FORMALDEHYDE RELEASER !!! - Score 6 !!!) Cancer, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Contamination concerns (FORMALDEHYDE), Use restrictions - Data: Limited - 2) PHENOXYETHANOL (Score: 4) Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Occupational hazards, Use restrictions Not happy about these ingredients, so I am looking elsewhere. I also think the tube has become smaller over the years and therefore the product is more expensive than before.

Must have it if you travel south!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 13 2012 | Verified Purchase

Spending a week in Bali.... my skin was red like a boiled lobster. Fortunately, I had this gel with me. Used it every night and my skin felt wonderful.

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 12 2011 | Verified Purchase

I had quite a few chances to test this gel and it works very well indeed. It pleasantly cools skin and relieves symptoms of sunburn. I even managed to make dad use it thanks to its natural scent. Will buy again!

nice stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 15 2010 | Verified Purchase

The peppermint cooling is very subtle. Works as just a moisturizer. Also, this is one of the VERY FEW aloe gels that DOES NOT have a bunch of toxic preservatives in it (parabens, any "benzoate" = BENZENE which is in a lot of the other brands on this site, and in commercial brands, DMDM hydantion works by releasing FORMALDEHYDE into a product)! This one is decently cost-effective compared to other brands.

Smoooth! ;)

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 6 2013 | Verified Purchase

Smells next to nothing. Goes on your skin easily without leaving a shiny or sticky layer. I use this in my hair as styling and it is perfect, leaves my hair moisturized and smooth.

Genuine Aloe Vera Gel!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 19 2013 | Verified Purchase

There are many skincare products that claims they are aloe vera gel, in the market. However, Most of them contain so little of aloe vera, which disappoints me because their main ingredients are mostly harsh chemicals. On the other hand, this one contains mostly genuine organic aloe vera! Amazing! The peppermint scent(real peppermint oil) is very refreshing also! I highly recommend this product! My sensitive skin trusts this!

excellent

Posted by reflexheather on October 19 2012 | Verified Purchase

Used as aftersun worked really well. Good application coverage. Cooling and nice fresh smell. Best aloe gel I’ve used. Great on any dry skin and after shaving legs. No nasty chemicals, paraben free. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

Cooling

Posted by Zihuana on July 25 2010 | Verified Purchase

Many things to love about: nice mild-enough peppermint scent, great ingredients and sinks fast in - no sticky feeling afterwards. Really reliefs the skin after sun! (I tried it on face too combining with facial moisturizer, but my highly sensitive skin didn't care for it.)

exceptional value

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 29 2011 | Verified Purchase

not just aloe vera but also added some extra ingredients thats good for you`re skin and for just over 6$ for over 200ml is exceptional value:)

ineffective product

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 7 2017 | Verified Purchase

Not good at all. I would never reorder. Very watery and not at all effective.