Healty Liver

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14 2008 | Verified Purchase

Milk Thistle has been shown in experiments and clinical studies to prevent and reverse liver damage and to neutralize free radicals. It also has the ability to stimulate the growth of new liver cells and replace old damaged cells. My uncle is living prove that Milk Thistle works. He was going to die and the doctor told him to try Milk Thistle because there was nothing else he could do, what did he have to loose. His liver did rejuevinate and he is alive today because of it. I use Milk Thistle as a preventive measure. From Calif

Silymarin Milk Thistle Extract

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on November 28 2007 | Verified Purchase

I wish Now Foods would put out a Silymarin-Phosphatidylcholine complex product instead of the dandelion and artichoke included in this basic formulation. The quality is good, though. Silymarin-phosphatidylcholine complex is absorbed more easily than regular standardized milk thistle extracts. In clinical trials, the silymarin-phosphatidylcholine complex has worked better for treating liver disorders. A key element in cell membranes, phosphatidylcholine helps the silymarin attach easily to the cell membranes.

Very Pleased with this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 26 2009 | Verified Purchase

Used to have those little red spots on my torso, which indicated my liver need help in filtering toxins. This product lets me know I'm assisting my liver in its function. I can see the reduction of those tiny little red spots.

Good for Chemical Sensitivity

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 24 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking various brands of Milk Thistle for two years. It seems to really help me get through trips to the mall, time in commercial buildings, exposure to new car smell, etc. I take one per day, and two on days where I think I'll be more exposed. I just read a review of a study where it also came up as helpful to preventing prostate problems, so that's a plus.

Great stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 18 2006 | Verified Purchase

I've tried several types of milk thistle from here and elsewhere and this is by far the best and strongest. You'll feel it working.

My nutritionist recommended this

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 19 2008 | Verified Purchase

My doctor and nutritionist both recommended Milk Thistle to me years ago to keep a healthy liver as I have chronic Epstein Barr. My gallbladder functions are slowing with age and again it helps keep it happy.

Excellent Product That Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 13 2008 | Verified Purchase

Though I drink alcohol very little, not to excess, and never have past my late high school/early college years, my liver panel always has shown my gamma GT (ggt) a little high, a sign of cirrhosis. Now I take red yeast rice to reduce cholesterol and all statins turn the liver production of cholesterol down, essentially damage the liver. I have been taking this product 2x daily for over a year and my past two liver tests show better than normal, so I assume, since I have not changed anything else, it must be helping me. I took it years ago after a disability insurance blood exam showed possible liver problems, and it helped me pass the second blood test, then I quit. Silymarin has a history of helping the liver to heal. High ggt seems to run in my family, and some are non-drinkers. I am not pro-herbal, but this works for me.

ANCIENT REMEDY

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 26 2007 | Verified Purchase

I use this since being prescribed it years ago by a recognised herbalist. Need to stop for alternate months as it is high in saponins.

Greatm product

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 24 2010 | Verified Purchase

Works well. I tried it for 3 months for psoriasis, during which time it went away. Then stopped for a month as test, and it came right back. Now I'm on it again and it's gone away!

Ongoing liver gallbladder treatment

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 17 2011 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this product after a couple of detoxes/cleanses followed by quite a powerful liver/gallbladder flush during which time I passed 5/6 huge gallstones. Some 5 days after starting to use this product I passed two more large gallstones. Since this has never happened to me before - and I do regular flushes - I have to assume that this product carried on the good work and allowed my body to expel more stones.