Great results but some side effects.

Posted by jakuta on Nov 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this product for about two weeks and have noticed many positive effects on my overall health. I've noticed marked improvement in stamina and a sustained level of alertness and energy throughout the day unlike a quick spike then fall with other stimulants like coffee. In addition, I've noticed less water retention (probably due to balancing of hormonal levels) and an increase in sexual virility. Also muscle strength and fatigue seemed to improve after moderate exercise. These results lead me to believe that Maca has a positive effect on testosterone production. For the most part I am pleased with this product's results. However, this product gave me lots of gas and constipation. Not a good sign when introducing a new supplement or food to your diet. I tried decreasing the dosage to half a teaspoon but to no avail. I did a little research and found that the indigenous people of South America who use Maca almost never eat it raw but in some cooked form. A Ha! I then cooked a bit of the Maca powder on the stove with some water and made a sort of paste which I then added to smoothies. I still had some gas and constipation but this seemed to lessen a bit. However, by cooking the powder, it gave the Maca a chemical smell that I found unappealing. So in conclusion, if you have a sensitive digestive system like me you may want to try an extractive form of Maca like I will be doing or add this powder to cooked recipes (i.e cookies, hot cereal). This raw form of Maca has a butterscotch smell and taste to it. *One final note* Refrigeration of this product, although not recommended on the package, might be a good idea. I gave a friend a small amount to try in a Ziploc bag and he informed me that in a few days it had molded and he had to discard it.

Seems ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product is a good Maca product, but Maca causes me to have break outs all over my chest. So I had to discontinue taking it. I was hoping it was only the pill version that caused the break outs, but this version did as well. I really enjoy the benefits of Maca for my hormonal issues, but can't deal with the breakouts. Its weird, because it clears my face, but causes breakouts on my body.

Average

Posted by serenesayyian on Jan 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The taste takes some getting used to, but I don't really feel that there's much of a difference in my energy and vitality.

Okay but strong flavour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The product has a strong flavour, nutty/rooty sort of flavour, takes a bit getting used to. I haven't noticed a huge spike in energy yet.

ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

ok

it works but tastes badly

Posted by Mrsfireball on Aug 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Apparently, it works. But the taste....yuck! (unless you like taste of grass) Now I mix it w/ my morning coffee. Not sure if the caffeine would undermine its effect but I really can't drink as it is and I don't have time to make a smoothies especially for it.

A teaspoon goes a long way

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Very strong in flavor

distinct taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Haven't noticed any effect. It has quite a distinct taste, so I guess maybe you either like it or not. Could ruin your smoothie/yoghurt meal if you don't care for the taste.

Good value for this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Much cheaper on this site for this product than shops in Ireland, haven't tried it yet, but this is a reputable brand I have tried their cacao nibs and powder and they are excellent

recommended for me, I'm not sure why

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I feel some difference with this, but am not sure I really need it instead of someting else I used to take. Tastes OK mixed with orange juice, but not good at all in a whey protein shake.

1 2 3