Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 19 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take niacin at 500mg/day for the last two months. It has helped me to increase HDL, nad lower LDL and triglycerides. Also, niacin is the only supplement that has proved to decrease the thicknes of atheromatic plaque. My 14 yo son takes the same amount to help his acme. After one month, results are really impressive. We both flash, but it is not that bad. As a matter of fact, we enjoy it.

The real thing

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 25 2009 | Verified Purchase

I now this is the real thing by the intense flush I receive, which is what its suppose to do, in helping lower my ldl and rase my hdl.

Lp(a) reduction

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 2 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was recently diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease due to very high levels of Lipoprotein (a) -a genetic condition. After 10 weeks taking 1.5g niacin daily my blood levels have dropped from 610mg/L to 260mg/L, far exceeding my expectations of a 30% reduction seen in clinical trials. My doctor was sceptical of my action plan (he advised statins which I refused) and amazed at these results. I will now add Lysine & Proline and measure Lp(a) levels again in 3 months time. A great product which I'm delighted with.

Ronald Osborne´s Life Extension Vitamin B3 Niacin 500 mg Review

Posted by RonaldOsborne on October 27 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great alternative to the brand I usually use I ran out of niacin and my skin was beginning to suffer with Eczema again. Life Extension Vitamin B3 is every bit as good as my usual brand. When buying niacin. This product is strictly B3 and it will make you flush, but that is a normal side effect and if you take in in small doses and build up to the correct dosage the side effects do eventually go away. I recommend this product to anyone who needs to take a Niacin supplement, is definately the best I have used.

good flush, real B3.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 10 2010 | Verified Purchase

You get a really nice flush with these. After >1month still flush w/500mg/day. Good to manage cholesterol. Watch your liver if taking >1500mg/day.

Life Extension Niacin 500mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 23 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very good for lowering cholesterol levels.

True stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 25 2009 | Verified Purchase

Must be the real deal, as the flush is very strong.

Pure perfection

Posted by klinacz on January 27 2015 | Verified Purchase

I love Life Extension's products because of its purity. This supplement contains nothing but pure Niacin, gelatin and vegetable stearate. The flush is strong and nice. I am not experiencing flush any more as I did at the beginning. I would recommend to start with lower doses like 50-100 mg and drinking a lot of water if ones are vulnerable to flush effects. However I liked it when I was getting flush, the feeling was okay, sometimes itchy, I knew that it works at least. I just want say to not get discouraged by side effects, you can avoid it or weaken it. Your body will get used to it. Also 500 mg seems to be a lot so I may decrease dose to 250 or 100 mg after this container. High doses of Niacin may affect your liver functioning. Consult it with your doctor if you have any liver impairments.

Once in awhile for detoxification effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 16 2017 | Verified Purchase

I only take this once in awhile- perhaps once a month for detox effects. My skin feels great and I love the tingly red prickly feeling. I also had what I thought was a small scar tissue on the side of my leg, but after taking this once on an empty stomach, the red hyper pigmentation hypertrophic area just disappeared! I also sometimes take this if I feel a cold coming on and start to feel sick. Great stuff! Taking it on an empty stomach might irritate your stomach a bit so I also drink almond milk if that happens.

Nice Flushing.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 23 2016 | Verified Purchase

The flushing is verry nice, and relaxing, also good for sleep.

1 2 3