Not happy at all with this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Everyone who has used probiotics for human know that this is not good stuff when they use this.. It clumps, it doesn´t smell right (even tho probiotics can smell bad), it looks dirty.. I´m going to toss this box and give my dogs human probiotics of good quality.

Caused problems for 2 out of my 3 cats

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was recommended this product by a friend, who swears by it - she gives it to her cats everyday to help with their digestive issues. And she has no problems with it. Unfortunately, jarrow pet dophilus did not work well with 2 out of my 3 cats. 1 of my cats turned out to be allergic to the ingredients (there are a number of inactive ingredients). It took months before I realised this, because I thought he was allergic to his regular cat food. Probiotics was supposed to help with allergies so I kept giving him this every day. But once I stopped giving him jarrow pet dophilus, his allergic symptoms lessened. For another of my cats, this product gave him immediate diarrhea. In conclusion, this product is not for every cat. My third cat has no issues with it, but given my experience with my other 2 cats, I rather not risk it. They are on another brand of probiotics now.

Too much bloating

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately paid money to get this rushed to us since it was originally suggested as an express, refrigerated shipping item and when it got here I ended up throwing it out after only a few doses. It gave my puppy a lot of gas and bloating (which actually is what happened to me when I was on Jarrows brand of acidophilus as well). I just had to stop giving it to him when he didn't seem to want to eat anymore from all his bloating. I now have him on Ark Naturals Gentle Digest and he is doing well on it.

Doesn't work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't work. Bought Protexin for my dog instead which works wonderfully.

did nothing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Used for a kitten with diarrhea for two weeks with no results at all. Changed to another brand (Mercola) - much more expensive, but kitten was so much improved after just two days. What can I say - this product did not appear to be effective at all. I would not buy again.