The best B12 i have ever tried!

Posted by iHerbguide on February 13 2016 | Verified Purchase

I had severe B12 deficiency for many years and no prescription medication worked (in Norway it is normal to give B12 in the form of cyanocobalamin). I was advised to try methylcobalamin in higher dose than you can buy in Norway. I ordered my first box on iherb, and now I have taken this type for three years. Results off bloodwork are better than ever(I'm stable on 700-800 nmol/L). Recommend this highly! Tastes good too :) You can't overdose B vitamins since they are water soluble , the body absorbs what it needs and the excess is excreted through the urine. I recommend that you take a good B complex when you start supplementing with B12 and / or folate . This because supplementing only with B12 / folate may camouflage the lack of other B vitamins. When you have low values ​​/ lack of B12 / Folate, you will also likely have low levels of other B vitamins. Visit my iherb page to find a recommendation for a good B complex and several other recommendations and reviews. Was this review helpfull to you? Pleace press "Yes" below :) NORSK: Jeg har lidt av alvorlig B12 mangel i en årrekke og behandling med reseptbelagte tilskudd/injeksjoner har ikke virket/hatt minimal effekt. Jeg begynte og lese meg opp på dette med vitaminer og mineraler og ble gjort oppmerksom på at man kun får kjøpt B12 i form av cyanokobalamin (syntetisk B12/kjemisk fremstilt) i Norge, unntaket er muligheten for injeksjon i form av hydroksokobalamin som har noe bedre opptak. Jeg ble anbefalt av en privat lege med god kompetanse på feltet å forsøke tilskudd i form av høydose methylcobalamin. Methylcobalamin er den naturlige formen for B12 og den har høy biotilgjengelighet/godt opptak. Jeg har nå benyttet denne formen i 3 år og har stabile B12 verdier på 700-800 nmol/L. B vitaminer kan ikke overdoseres ettersom de er vannløselige, kroppen tar opp det den trenger og overskuddet skilles ut gjennom urinen. Jeg anbefaler at du tar et godt B kompleks i "bunn" når du begynner med tilskudd av B12 og/eller folat. Dette ettersom å supplere kun men B12/folat vil kunne kamuflere mangel av andre B vitaminer. Når du har lave verdier/mangel på B12/Folat vil du også sannsynligvis ha lave verdier av andre B vitaminer. Besøk min iHerb side for anbefaling av et godt B kompleks og flere andre anbefalinger og reviews :) Fant du denne tilbakemeldingen hjelpsom? Trykk "Yes" under :)

Fantastic

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 12 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm not sure why other reviewers are complaining that these lozenges take a long time to dissolve--they're SUPPOSED to take a long time to melt in your mouth. If, like me, you have pernicious anemia, you won't be able to absorb b12 in your stomach. But if you keep this lozenge between your gum and lip for as long as you can (don't chew it or swallow it), you will absorb b12 through the blood vessels in your mouth. Using one tablet a day, I've eliminated my need for injectable b12. Just remember to make it last as long as you can.

Warning- Quality has dropped!

Posted by Blue-Sky on January 1 2013 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow has changed the formula and it doesn't work so well any more.

disappointed

Posted by kanaca on August 3 2012 | Verified Purchase

I really like Jarrow products, typically. But this made no difference, when cheaper formulas did. I read other reviews. Since July, other customers have remarked the formula (and bottle) have changed.

Works for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 17 2007 | Verified Purchase

I am an older, long-time vegetarian, and had recently notice some decline in my cognitive processes. I had never before taken sublingual B-12, but decided to try it. The improvement of my mental functioning was significant. I am very grateful for this product.

child with autism, worth a try

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 6 2010 | Verified Purchase

There are some people on the web advocating metyhyl-B 12 injections and nasal sprays for kids with autism. This Jarrow lozenge seemed a whole lot easier and at %16,667 the recommended daily dose for methyl-B12, I can't figure how much more you would get via the other routes. Anyways, I started my 10 yr old son on about 1-2 a week and he does seem a bit more focused. I have also added some other B vitamins (Metafolin and B6). I don't believe in mega doses so all of these are every other day at most. He also takes vitamin D and omega-3 supplaments.

Methyl B12

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 11 2008 | Verified Purchase

My daughter has pernicious anaemia and whilst she self-injects cyanocobalamin weekly (she is monitored by her doctor) she has noted an improvement with the "fog days" that accompany PA. She said the methyl clears her mind, she can think more clearly. So many pharmaceutical companies are beginning to manufacture cyanocobalamin tablets to replace IM injections of B12, I wish they would make better use of their research dollars by doing long-term studies on methylcobalamin B12, these studies to factor in age and severity of pernicious anaemia, particularly if there is any neurological damage caused by the B12 deficiency. Pat Kornic, Canadian Representative Pernicious Anaemia Society

excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 2 2007 | Verified Purchase

A friend recommended me this product on iherb.com. I bought it with a doubt, because I know B12 is difficult to absorb by body. Surprisingly, after 2 and a half month, my B12 level increased from 212 to 720. I am so glad that I found this product!

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 18 2010 | Verified Purchase

Excellent - first recommended to me by an MD - his feelings are that everyone should use it - blood ranges should be between 2,000 and 2,500 mcg and felt it was what kept people out of PTSD (in addition to thyroid being set properly) and helped memory to stay good (in addition to thyroid being set properly). Please note it must be Methylcobalamin B-12 not just plain B-12.

My symptoms have greatly reduced!

Posted by Bafloff on September 26 2017 | Verified Purchase

For the past 7-8 years, my health has just taken a huge toll. I’ve started noticing apathy, anhedonia, anxiety, mild social phobia and the one that really slayed me internally, depression. Back then, I thought about going to a psychiatrist but I just didn’t do it, simply because I was too afraid to do it, and honestly didn’t have the energy to do it. For a time, I thought that it’s normal since I’m no longer a teenager, I thought maybe this is what it means to get older ( I’m 27 now) and went on with my life for a while and tried to forget about it, but I don’t know why I just couldn’t accept it, I refused it completely, because I thought if this was true then how come I’m the only one I know of who’s suffering? And this is how it all started, the journey to reviving the real me. At first, I started reading hundreds of books, research papers, articles and pretty much everything I could get my hands on that explains the symptoms I was having. I started with the simplest thing yet hardest to accomplish, which was losing weight, and I did it, I lost 45kgs in a year, and I actually did feel a huge improvement in my health but still some if the psychiatric symptoms are still with me, and so I continued to research more and more, and the more I research, the more it becomes clear to me that the core of all evil could be nutritional deficiencies and poor diet, and so I started treating them one by one; I had low vitamin D levels so I started exposing myself to sunlight more and taking vitamin d supplement and within a month or two I felt better; I felt like my depression became somewhat more bearable than before, but still I have a host of psychiatric symptoms that I don’t have an answer to. And so here I go again trying my best to correct my diet, and anything I can’t correct, or I find difficult to achieve I take a supplement to fill in the gaps, like multivitamin and a multi-mineral. I also started exercising and going for daily jogs, and my health slowly but surely started to improve. I was left with some mild depression, anxiety some vision issues (which I wasn’t aware of until now) occasional vertigo and some unexplained shortness of breath. And this brings me to vitamin b12. You see, 2 weeks ago, I took my mom to the hospital due to some nerve problems and I noticed that her physician prescribed something called (methylcobalamin) to her ( it was intramuscular injections). I didn’t know what that was and so I started reading about it and stumbled upon a book called (Could It Be B12) I purchased the book and went on a reading binge and wow was I surprised at how many the symptoms of b12 deficiency were, and guess what? All of the symptoms I was experiencing were listed by the author! And as it turns out, according to the author, anything neurological or psychiatric, you need to rule out vitamin b12 deficiency first before taking medications, as it’s highly possible that these symptoms are a result of a deficiency in b12. And this is why I decided to include b12 to my shopping cart on Iherb. I thought since it’s water soluble, it can’t hurt. I’ve been taking it for 2 weeks now, and thus far, the results have been very welcomed! I no longer feel depressed or anxious at all! and started sleeping better, and vision-wise, I felt like colors became more intense and brighter, I felt very calm and peaceful, really, but above all, I could finally take deep breaths again! I didn’t mention this, but I had chronic allergy for years also, and for the last four days now I’ve been allergy-free! All of this in just 2 weeks! Can’t wait to see what it does long term. I apologize if this is too long or if it’s not well written, but I felt compelled to share this in hopes that it may help someone even if it’s just a single person. If you need anything contact me via [email protected]