Mixed results/reactions.

Posted by Reviewer1873378 on Sep 22, 2011

I tried this supplement because I had a lack of energy, hair loss and severe muscle spasms in my legs and general aches and pains. My thyroid and other tests are 'normal' so I was looking for a natural way to feel better and decided to try this. I took the product for just over 3 weeks, then stopped due to side some unpleasant effects. It did help with the initial severe leg cramps I'd get at night, however, I alternated between feeling excess energy and insomnia and feeling so sleepy I needed a nap. I did sleep better and felt more energy during the day, but I was also developing some strange symptoms, such as hand tremors and strange non-painful muscle spasms in my calves (new symptoms). I was also agitated for several days and very snappy and emotional, again - not typical for me to react that way. These symptoms stopped within 2 days of going off the product...so far, the painful leg cramping has not returned...hoping it won't return. I alternated between taking 1-2 pills a day...I never took any past lunch time, as it would keep me awake if I took it later in the day. My husband also tried this and went off after two weeks, he also initially felt great, he had energy and was feeling better, but then started to become extremely agitated and almost angry. He also had insomnia followed by better sleep after the first week. it did help his concentration, but the mood swings and personality change were not worth the benefits. So, while we both had some positive effects, the bad side effects were too bothersome to stay on this product. I suppose everyone reacts differently to supplements, but this was not 'side effect free' for me or my husband. Take with caution.

7-Keto is not an inert substance.

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Nov 28, 2012

There are many DHEA metabolites whose functions are relatively uninvestigated and unknown, perhaps owing to the difficulties in obtaining enforceable patents on natural substances, which are discoveries rather than inventions. 7-Keto DHEA is a metabolite that cannot be converted to either testosterone or estradiol, or to other androgens or estrogens. By the age of 40, humans produce only about 40 percent of the 7-oxo-DHEA that they produced as young adults, and this decline continues with age. 7-Keto DHEA is not an inert substance, however. It increases the levels of two enzymes that are involved in thermogenesis, enzymes that are also increased by thyroid hormone.

Better than Enzymatic Therapy

Posted by Reviewer2674066 on Aug 30, 2007

I read Stephen Cherniske's book on aging, and his article on DHEA. I found 50mg 7 keto DHEA gives me a lift and more mental clarity. Cherniske says it gives you an anabolic signal to repair instead of decline. There is no risk of converting excess 7 Keto DHEA to Estrogen. I had taken DHEA before but found even 25mg per day made me edgy. I bought the Now brand, and like it better. After reading more of Cherniske, I'm taking 25mg Now 7 Keto DHEA with 7.5mg DHEA am and pm.

Stay Younger Longer

Posted by Reviewer1541674 on Feb 03, 2008

7-Keto is the way to go for mid-life women wishing to retain muscle mass. My muscle tone is reverting back to that of my 30's.

7 Keto

Posted by Reviewer2934595 on Aug 07, 2008

Started taking the 100 mg, realized through trail and error that I was taking in too much, made me have muscle spasms. Really liked the results I was seeing, so I didn't abandon the product, just switch to a lower dosage. I am a 44 yr old woman 5'4" and struggle with stress weight. Work out 3 times a week and the results on the fat loss on my legs was inspirational. LOVE NOW products, never have to worry about filler, chems, or anything else. NEVER disappointed, with NOW or IHERB. Recommend to friends.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

Posted by Reviewer1392231 on Dec 05, 2008

I will not go without 7-KETO. Gives added energy without feeling "wound up" I can workout for longer periods of time, and it helped get rid of my stubborn abdominal/"muffin" fat that suddenly appeared when I turned 40. Has stopped my hair from being so thin, and falling out. I like the quality of Now products....I just wish iHerb could get it to me faster. I live in NJ so I guess it takes longer to get here from across the country. Sometimes takes more than a week from order to delivery.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2555794 on May 20, 2009

My system quit manufacturing it's own DHEA 10 years ago. As a result I had memory loss and other major fluctuations in hormone levels. I have been using other brands of DHEA with limited success, but the major side effect that always resulted was acne. I changed to 7-KETO approximately 2 months ago and am happy to report that I have gotten much better results with a smaller dosage and the acne is almost gone! Fantastic product.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1079334 on Oct 24, 2010

The 7Keto form of DHEA is supposed to provide all the benefits without any of the side effects of regular DHEA. I take one of these every morning and 10 mg of regular DHEA before bed. So far, the results have been very positive...more energy, better mental status, and a gradual increase in muscle tone.

WOW!

Posted by Reviewer2003489 on Jun 12, 2011

I think this 7-KETO helped my hair to stop falling out. I know that my my is a lot thicker now.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2959812 on Oct 13, 2009

I lost 4 lbs within 10 days.