Lotus Foods, Organic Brown Mekong Flower Rice, 15 oz (426 g)

руб 138.72
4 out of 5 based on 2 reviews
Reviews Английский
русский (0)
Other Reviews (0)

The healthiest brown rice I can find!

Posted by Reviewer2587754 From New Hampshire on Jan 27, 2013

I have been eating Mekong Flower organic Brown Rice (from Cambodia) for about 4 months now, and it is the healthiest brown rice I can find. I switched to it after suffering severe arsenic poisoning from all the U.S.-grown rice products I was eating (organic brown rice, organic brown rice pasta and organic millet-rice bread). The problem with brown rice is that it is ALWAYS contaminated with arsenic, a toxic heavy metal, no matter what country it is grown in. It is inherent to this grain, which must be grown in a water-flooded soil; this allows large amounts of normally present arsenic to be sucked up into the plant. "Though arsenic can enter soil or water due to weathering of arsenic-containing minerals in the earth, humans are more to blame than Mother Nature for arsenic contamination in the U.S. today, according to the federal Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. The U.S. is the world’s leading user of arsenic, and since 1910 about 1.6 million tons have been used for agricultural and industrial purposes, about half of it only since the mid-1960s. Residues from the decades of use of lead-arsenate insecticides linger in agricultural soil today, even though their use was banned in the 1980s." From http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2012/11/arsenic-in-your-food/index.htm So in my local health food store I found brown rices from overseas (I now get them from iHerb at lower cost): Madagascar Pink rice was very good for me for about 3 months, but it is milled so it is only 2/3 whole, and 1/3 white. Then I tried Volcano Rice from Indonesia, but that is more than 1/2 white rice, so I switched to Organic Brown Mekong Flower Rice, 100% whole grain! I eat it for my high protein lunch with low-salt Goat Creme Cheese and Pumpkin Seed Butter. Delicious, filling, and healthy!!

Был ли этот отзыв полезным для вас?

Пожаловаться

disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2415807 From California on Aug 02, 2012

After falling in love with their Jade rice I decided to try this one. It's a disappointment. Good texture and cooks nicely, but the flavor is lacking. Bland and lacks the sweetness common to almost every other variety of brown rice.

Был ли этот отзыв полезным для вас?

Пожаловаться

Дисклеймер:сделанные заявления или проданные на этом вебсайте продукты, не были оценены Управлением по Контролю Качества
Продуктов и Лекарств. Они не предназначены для диагностики, лечения или предотвращения любых болезней. Подробнее »